question-icon

What Do Side-effects From Depression Medication Indicate?

Posted on Fri, 13 Oct 2017
Question: I have been diagnosed as having mild depression - I would hate to feel any worse than I do now. I have been prescribed 7 different ssri drugs with varying side effects. psychiatrist psycholgist
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (50 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
I think mirtazepine can be used

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description it appears to me that you are probably dealing with treatment resistant depression.

Presence of various side effects with ssri also points toward the use of snri group of medications.

I also feel that using remeron should be considered as next step provided there is inadequate response with snri group of medications.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist