What do sharp pains in the left side of chest indicate?
Following answer to your query.
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
Although you have a positive history for acid reflux (GERD) disease my advice is to go to the ER to exclude any life threatening problem. My advice is that you should do the following examinations on ER:
- Blood work
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Chest x ray.
If you were my patient I would recommend to plan to do the following examinations to find out the exact ethyology of your problems:
- cardiac echo
- stress test
- upper endoscopy
Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain in left shoulder and chest
- What does a left sided chest pain indicate
- Sharp pain on left side of chest when breathing in
- What does sharp pain in upper chest area indicate
- Sharp prick left side chest
- Sharp pulsing pain left side of chest
- Sharp pulsating chest pain left side
- What does increasing cough with sharp chest pain indicate
- What causes sharp pain in left side of skull
- Sharp pain in left chest