What do reticular and net like patterns on the skin indicate?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on 5 days ago in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i just noticed the other day that i have mottled skin on my left buttocks? I have never seen this before. It has been. few days and it is still there? I
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for asking.
I am Dr Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in "Reports Section" of this web page so that I am able to have a look and guide you better.

Also, let me know if you have any associated symptoms like itching?

Awaiting...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Livedo reticularis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

You have livedo reticularis - reticular, lacy like/net like pattern due to venous congestion or sluggish circulation. Most commonly it is idiopathic and reverses by itself. Livedo reticularis is more pronounced in cold weather. Rewarming may help reverse discoloration.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 13 hours later
Thank you for your response. How do I know if it is something serious? Should it go away? Thank you for your help.
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding Livedo Reticularis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
A short lasting Livedo Reticularis (LR} is either physiological, due to cold exposure Or primary LR, which has a fluctuating course Or due to heat application (early Erythema ab igne). You may see if it resolves in a few days. Keep yourselves warm, if you are in a cold part of the world. However, if it doesn't resolve in a few days then I would suggest a few important investigation including a complete blood count, platelets, coagulation profile, cryoproteins, antinuclear antibodies, and anticardiolipin antibodies etc.