• question-icon

What do red spots on the chest indicate?

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I have a red spot on my chest that had a small red tail on it yesterday, and the tail tripled in size over night. The original spot is a little tender, but does not hurt a lot. I put antibiotic ointment on it this morning. what is it , and when should I see a doctor?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Insect bite dermatitis most probably

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM...

I read history and saw the photo. Then I could conclude that most probably you may be having insects bite dermatitis.

Kindly consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment. After thorough examination and investigations,he might give treatment to cure the disease.

I would suggest....

- steroids in tapering doses
- antihistaminics
- a short course of antibiotic
- local application of antibiotic cream
- take precautions to avoid insects bite

I hope this would help you...

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist