What do red circles on the chest and stomach indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question

Every once in a while I get a bunch of small red circles around my chest and stomach. Usually in the evening before showering. They dont itch. No pain. And they usually just go away. Had these for years... they aren't dark in color and are pink to red. Not very noticeable.

Thank you
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of Livedo Reticularis

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

Perhaps you have a condition known as Livedo Reticularis which presents as faintly pink to bluish and mottled reticular discoloration of the skin due to stagnation of blood in the venules. It is more common in winters and is considered normal. However, I request you to kindly upload a few good quality images of the skin condition in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.