What do red and itchy bumps on hands indicate?

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Skin Rash
Question: I have tiny red bumps on the top of my hands , they itch a little and are almost like tiny blisters, We were recently on vacation in Sea Island XXXXXXX and I was in the sun for a few hours a day, but i always had 50 sunscreen on and reapplied (or at least i thought I did. what can I do to get rid of them, they seem to be getting a little bigger and it is making my skin feel tight and bumpy. Also, will I get this every time I am in the sun from now on? thank you, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
polymorphic light eruption is most likely possibil

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.

It seems that you are suffering from a condition called polymorphic light eruption.
It is a sort of allergy due to sun exposure leading to various types of itchy skin lesions. There is associated burning sensation also usually on sun exposure.

I will advice you to put a pic of the lesions so that I can help you to my best.
Stay healthy.