What do recurring pain in fingers and hands indicate?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: good evening. Every night my wife got pain in her fingers and hand. I don't understand why it happen her age is 33 and weight is 52 kg. she is dance teacher please advice me what should I do.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get her evaluated....

Detailed Answer:

Pain and discomfort over the palms and finger are not very uncommon. However the causes are varied. I would recommend she gets her blood sugar, thyroid profile, vitamin D, vitamin b12 and calcium level checked. Based on the results of these test we would be able to plan and manage this condition.

Until then I suggest she rests well, drink plenty of fluids and eat fruits / vegetables.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification.