What do rashes on the face of an infant indicate?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi, my 6 weeks old have a bit of rash on his face, I'm not sure whether those are just from the formula or to hot or something else. some like rash, some look like dry little patch that peel off. here is the attachment. and is there anything I can use on my 6weeks old face? or it will go away on it own?

and I forgot, he also have quite a bit of the tiny red thing on his head, like ance? or something.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Will go away on its own

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and have checked the images. Let me inform you that the rashes are called Erythema Toxicum while the white dots are called milia, both of which are normal in children up to 3 months of age.

It is harmless and is not a cause for concern. No intervention needed.

Please do not worry. Feel free to write back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee