What do rashes on the face of an infant indicate?
Points to note:
1) These rashes will disappear after an hour or two.
2) We see around 4 to 6 rashes daily.
3) Still under Breast feeding.
4) We noticed the reduction in hair after coming to XXXXXXX
Changes happened in last one month...
*)Recently(Last NOV ) moved to XXXXXXX from Salem(Tamil Nadu).
*)Started giving solid foods(Started with Ragi malt, Streamed Apple & Carrot) - Initially we thought its because of Ragi, so we stopping it for a week, but no improvement...
*)Because of XXXXXXX climate, started using woolen sweater - Now we stopped even that, no improvement either...
*)Started using pampers...
1) Need to know the reasons and the ways to control it?
2) Whats are fruits and vegetables can be started now?
This is eczema or a sort of simple skin allergy - she will grow out of it
Hi... Greetings from XXXXXXX I am a consultant Pediatrician in XXXXXXX Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital, XXXXXXX
I understand your concern. This is eczema...a sort of simple skin allergy. The trick of the management is keeping the skin moist and never allowing it to be dry.
Sometimes climatic changes and introduction of cow's milk can cause this.
For this oil massage and lotions like Oilatum or Atogla will help.
Regarding cure options - eczema is a sort of allergy...allergies can be controlled well. But usually kids grow out of it...that is as the age progresses, they become better starting from 6 months. Usually by 1.5 years of age.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Can you please give your valuable suggestions for the below questions...
1) Am using Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for past 2 weeks. Do you recommend us to change either to Oilatum or Atogla?
2) Can I use the lotions in the baby face? or do you recommend something else?
3) What Oil is best for massaging? Currently am coconut oil for hair...
4) After coming to XXXXXXX baby had lost quite a hair? Is it due to climate/water or something else?
5) What food and fruits/vegetables can be given to baby now(7 months)?
6) Other than Garlic, Is there any home remedy for increasing the breast milk?(Garlic doesn't quite suit both of us...)
Suggestions on eczema and complimentary feeding
Hi.... coming to your queries directly -
1. Cetaphil is also good. Please continue Cetaphil.
2. You can use Cetaphil for baby's face too.
3. Coconut oil is best for massaging too.
4. Hair loss could be due to both climate change and water. But eventually she will get adjusted and normalcy will return.
5. Home remedies to increase breast milk - Fenugreek, cinnamon, fennel seeds, warm compress, cumin seeds.
Suggestions on complimentary feeding -
At this age you can start giving Cerelac stage one rice or Nestum rice stage 1 etc. All are same in calories and energy. Only thing is palatability which is subjective for each kid.
Other home-made food options will be -
1. Daal and rice well cooked and made into a porridge along with ghee
2. Boiled apple or banana and mashed into a paste.
3. Any made cereal porridge preparation with additional ghee added.
Remember certain principles like -
1. Add one food material / cereal or fruit per week. This will be useful because if he develops vomiting or diarrhoea, we will know what to avoid.
2. Add vegetables and fruits made into a paste surely to avoid constipation.
3. Do not add too much sugar as it may cause diarrhoea.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rash on face and body vomiting infant
- What does a itchy red rash on face indicate
- Pimply infant rash on face
- Rashes on infants face what should i apply
- Can rashes and swelling on face be indications of rosacea
- Papular rash face infant
- Infant rash face diahrrea
- How to cure infant face rashes
- Rash on infant head and face
- Puffy eyes and rash on face infant