What do raised red spot on penis indicate?
Need more information
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic
I am Dr. Kakkar.
1) Incubation period of syphilis varies from 9-90 days. Usually a papule develops which breaks down to form a sore within 2-3 days.
2) VDRL, detects antibodies to syphilis and becomes positive a week after the appearance of a syphilitic sore.
This picture looks like a case of herpes genitalis.
I would like to know what was the test done for and what did it reveal?
The RPR/VDRL test becomes positive about a week after the appearance of chancre (sore).
Looking at the picture, this seems highly unlikely to be a syphilitic sore. A syphilitic sore is well defined ulcer, with clean base, non-tender and is hard/indurated on palpation.
This looks more like herpes. Shallow ulcer or erosion.
Herpes virus resides in the dorsal root ganglion and from time to time travel down the nerve to give rise to a clinical episode of herpes.
The lesions can be distributed anywhere along the sensory supply of the affected nerve. Therefore it is not uncommon for the lesions to appear in a different area as long as they are within the sensory supply of the affected nerve, which in your case seems to be the dorsal nerve of the penis.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red spots on penis what is it due to
- What does a red spot below penis head indicate
- What does a white spot on penis indicate
- What does a red bump above the penis indicate
- What do red spots at the tip of penis indicate
- What does the painless red spot on penis indicate
- What causes red spots on penis
- What does red rash under the penis indicate
- What are tiny red spots on penis
- What are the red spots on my penis