• question-icon

    What do pus cells in semen indicate?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Dear Sir,
I have pus cell in semen 18-20.its ok or i need treatment.
also sprem count 38 moillon molitity 20%
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection, further evaluation before starting the antibiotics is needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello ! Thank you for using Health Care Magic .
I have gone through your query.

No ,the result of your semen analyse is not normal
The presence of pus in your semen could be a sign of infection in your genitourinary tract ( prostate, seminal vesicle...)
Your spermatozoide number is normal but the motility is low 20% ( normally should be more then 50%).That means that most of the spermatozoides are not functional ( more then 70%) affecting you fertillity.
The reason of non functional spermatozoides could be the infection.
A antibiotic treatment is against infection is needed, it will last around 4-8 weeks.
You need to do a culture of your semen to find out the bacteria that is causing the infection, only after doing your semen culture you will start the specific antibiotic against the cause.

I would recommend to ask an appointment with your doctor ( urologist) to do the full evaluation( urine culture , physical examiantion..) and start the proper antibiotics againt the bacteria.
Meanwhile drink planty of water , use antiimflammator drug ( Ibuprofen ).

Hope my answer is helpful.
Let me know if you have any other question.
Take Care !
Dr Balliu.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Rudina Balliu 47 minutes later
Thank you so much for reply i already discussed with doctor urologist he said to me that get first semen Culture then he will give some advice.
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you for follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!
You are welcome.
Wish you good health.
Take Care !

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Answered by
Dr. Rudina Balliu

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2015

Answered : 420 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Seminal vesicle

doctor1 MD

My grandfather age 82/M recently have a urination problem. After ultrasound the size of PROSTATE comes 55 x 49 x 54mm (weight-77.4gms) It shows...

doctor1 MD

Age-29,height-172cm,weight-55.My English is not very good ..but i try at my best...I married before three years..I have no child...report are as...

doctor1 MD

hi i did my seman analysis today and reports are like volume 2 ml color miky white reaction alkaline viscosity 20/min total spermatozoa count...

doctor1 MD

I read research that etonogestrel stop sperm production oin males so is it ok to use etonogestrel implant? Will the effect on males will be the...

doctor1 MD

How to stop semen (not just sperm) production fully. Please be specific. Which medications or surgery? Male in mid 30s. I have tried androcur,...

doctor1 MD

Hello sir, i 'm 21 yrs old and want to ask you that after urination white droplets come out from my penis, sometimes sticky, and certain times...

doctor1 MD

good day doctor,
I'm suffering from vas deferens pain since some months so I recently got my seminal vesicles injected and my urologist stated that...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

185 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Rudina Balliu
  • Q - Suggest treatment for vertigo

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe whiplash along with upper back and shoulder...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for constipation and severe pressure in the lower abdomen

  • Q - Suggest treatment for bilateral hip pain and osteoporosis

  • Q - What is dysphagia?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dry and flaky skin on face along with pimples

  • Q - Can Magnesium and Psyllium be taken for constipation daily?

  • Q - What causes red blisters at the corner of the mouth?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for pain in the rib cage post injury

  • Q - Suggest alternative treatment for high cholesterol levels