What do puffiness and pain in the eyes indicate?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Battling a bad cold right now . My right eye ball hurts when pressure is applied , slightly red when I lift eye lid . I notice when I blose my nose it relieves " some" of the pressure . My pupils dilate normally and my perferal vision is excellent in both eyes . Pain is most prevelant when I try and look at something up close .
If this is a scam . I will contact my credit card company ,just being cautious
I only wear glasses to read
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Scoeritis or conjunctivitis most likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Most likely its sclertis or allergic conjunctivitis.

Allergic conjunctivitis is an eye inflammation caused by an allergic reaction to substances like pollen or mold spores. The inside of your eyelids and the covering of your eyeball have a membrane called the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is susceptible to irritation from allergens.
Scleritis is a serious inflammatory disease that affects the white outer coating of the eye, known as the sclera.The sclera is the protective outer layer of the eye, which is also the white part of the eye.Scleritis is a disorder in which the sclera becomes severely inflamed and red. It can be very painful.
Both of them have symptoms you are telling
please attach pictures of your eye for further suggestion and treatment.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T