What do presence of white fluid in the corner of the eyes indicate?
What should be done?
Will mild eyedrops like borosol help?
Can be conjunctivitis or Dacryocystitis.
Thanks for choosing HealhcareMagic for your query,
I've gone through your query in details.
Most commonly discharge is often associated with an eye condition called conjunctivitis.
Conjunctivitis may be infectious (caused by a viral or bacterial infection), or sterile(caused by allergy, or some other irritant). It can be anything from eye discharge, ranging from infections to allergic reactions to eye injury.
However, White mucus is a common sign of dacryocystitis, or the nasolacrimal sac or tear drainage system infection.
But initially use antibiotic with antihistaminic drop for few days if not relieved, test for Dacryocystitis has to be done by an Ophthalmologist.
Borosol contains Boric acid which is a very mild antibiotic, it can be helpful but i would suggest you to use Moxifloxacin 2 drops three times a day along with antihistaminic decongestant Naphazoline/Pheniramine for 5 days along with tablet Fexofenadine (eg. Allegra) 180mg once daily for 5 days ( may need prescription for this).
If no relieved, do consult an Ophthalmologist in person for a check-up.
Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the white gunk in the outside corners of my eyes
- A white boil in eye corner
- What does a rash on corner of the eye indicate
- White ball on outer corner of eye itching eyes
- White flashes corner of eyes
- White patches in the corner of eyes
- Fluid sac in corner of eye
- White dot in corner of eye
- White spot corner of eye
- White fluid everyday in corner of eyes
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?