What do presence of fluid around lungs in a CAT scan suggest?
Few possible causes
Hi and welcome.
Some small amount of fluids is normally present around lungs but if this is stated to be abnormal then some disorders may lead to it. First,this is seen in some early heart diseases where heart muscle become weak so you should do heart ultrasound. Second, some lung disorders such as I inflammation or pleuritis may cause it as well. And third,some autoimmune diseases. At this point,if you don't have symptoms,I think that only follow up is required in few months. If fluid become larger then needle aspiration should be performed for better analysis. Wish you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cat scan brain activity
- Cat scan suggests bronchogenic carcinoma
- Cat scan of schwannoma tumors
- Abnormal neck cat scan
- What are the findings of the cat scan results
- Cat scan of abdomen done suggestions
- Abnormal ekg now doctor order cat scan, what will a cat scan do
- What does my cat scan mean
- Chemical imbalance cat scan
- Will a cat scan harm sperm