What do poor urine flow with a marginal increase of PSA levels indicate?
My family doc refer me to specialist in Oct 2017. Specialist requested lab test result in XXXXXXX 2018 + another test showed my urine flow slow and only drain 100cc with about 50cc still inside my bladder. With these conditions I was advised first to clear my urine flow, wait for few months and retest PSA. If it lower, wait another few months and retest until it return normal. Otherwise take prostate biopxy.
What should I do now?
Mostly you have Benign Enlargement of Prostate
Based on the facts that you have posted poor urine flow with a marginal increase of PSA with significant post bovid residual urine that you have is mostly due to Enlarged Prostate.
Start taking antibiotics like Cefotaxime and Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with Tamsulosin once Daly for a month.
Repeat your PSA after one month.
Further management as regards doing prostate biopsy would be decided upon the level of PSA. at that time.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr P. T. Patil, Urologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does metformin increase psa level
- Psa levels increased by warfarin
- What does rise in psa level indicate
- Can hcg increase psa levels
- Psa levels and blood in urine
- Can vyvanse increased psa levels
- What are psa levels
- What increases psa levels
- What are dangerous psa levels
- What does a psa level of 6 indicate
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?