What do persistent spots in the scrotum indicate?
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am dr. kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
I have viewed the Imagaes.
These are small sebaceous cysts rather than fordyce spots. They are usually asymptomatic but can become red and painful if they develop bacterial infection.
Scrotal sebaceous cysts may gradually incease in size or number over time, however, they are mainly of cosmetic concern.
If removal is desired, they have to be surgically removed.
Scrotal sebaceous cyst
They are only of cosmetic concern.
Avoid squeezing them as it can lead to bacterial infection. Once infected they would then become red and painful and you might require an oral antibiotic and antininflammatory.
Sebaceous cysts might either gradually increase in size and number over many years Or they may stay constant.
Many of them develop calcification over time and then may feel hard to touch.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does mild scrotum pain indicate
- Pink spot in scrotum
- Large sore spot on scrotum
- Smooth red spot on scrotum
- What is scrotum
- Suffering with bumpy spots on scrotum what are these
- What does a white pimple on the scrotum indicate
- Dark blood spots on scrotum
- Red blood spots scrotum
- What are white spots with puss on my scrotum
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body