What do persistent low hemoglobin, enlarged spleen and liver along with infections indicate?
Kindly undergo deworming again and get an ultrasound abdomen
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
This is Dr.Riyanka and I am glad to be helping you with your query.
The drug that you have taken for pin worms ,Bandy Plus is Albendazole.
The dosage is 400 mg orally once as a single dose. However since the disease may reoccur so, the medication may repeat in 2 weeks. Also it is better to get the enter household treated because this infection can spread. so, better to undergo deworming again.
Haemoglobin levels are usually low in worm infestations so unless the cause is cured the haemoglobin levels dont increase to normal.
For your present problem you could visit a general Physician and get an ultrasound abdomen done to find out any lesions or abcess in the organs.
Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Enlarged spleen liver symptoms
- Enlarged spleen and liver and constipation in
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and enlarged spleen
- Enlarged spleen low platelets
- Infected tooth enlarged spleen
- Enlarged spleen and liver with nausea
- Enlarged spleen sinus infection
- Enlarged spleen nasal infection
- Low potassium and enlarged spleen
- Whats an enlarged spleen mean