What do persistent leg and lower back pain despite taking Tadalafil suggest?

Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Hello Doctor XXXXXXX

As discussed earlier, I took Tab Tadalafil 20 mg on Saturday at 4pm and its been more than 3 days now that the pain is still there, primarily in joints, of legs and specially lower back. Thought it has reduced but still very much felt. I did take Dolo 650 last night but no help.

I am not going to take this medicine again but as recommended might try 10 mg. How is Udenafil different from Tadalafil. I havent taken any Pain killer in the interim but just Dolo 650. Earlier you advised me to take Tadalafil for 30 days, I can't imagine one month joint pain it will give to me. So I am not continuing it now. Please advise
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Udenafil is costlier but no backpain

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query
yes, I also think you shouldn't take it again in 20 mg dose Actually side effects are dose related . I always start with 5 mg because it seldom produces side effects . There is usually tolerance to side effects in a few days and most cases may need only 5 mg only .
As far as difference of udenafil and Tadalafil is concerned, Tadalafil has longest duration of effectiveness ( may be more than 36 hours) , can take despite taking food ( others absorption is reduced ) and starts effect after at least 2 hours . Side effect profile also differs like Tadalafil has backpain where as udenafil has no backpain . There is not much difference in effectiveness in ED .
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 8 minutes later
Doctor - Two questions below:

1. Why did you ask me to take Tadalafil 20 mg instead of Tadalafil 5 mg initially.
2. Why did you not start with udenafil with minor side effects than Tadalafil.
3. Next time what do you recommend and in what quantity, is it udenafil with 5/10 mg quantity ?
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Udenafil is costly

Detailed Answer:
Hi
There is the issue of cost- Udenafil is very costly . Usual dose is 20 mg if needed before sex but many times we prescribe daily doses . Side effects are present in only 5 % of people and no medicine is completely safe
Udenafil can cause headache as well .
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 13 hours later
I am not getting Tadalafil in 5/10 mg.

Next time can I take half of 20mg Tadalafil ?

Udenafil is very expensive. Do you still recommend me to take Tadalafil 10mg for 30 days initially ? Or is it just to be 2 hours before sex ?
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try half a tab

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Try Tab Tazzle 10 mg or 5 mg . If you can't find it, take half tab daily for 6 days , then take half tab every other day. This way it will be 5 mg a day effectively. If it does not help, take it daily for 4 weeks and revert back
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad