What do pale and blotchy skin discoloration after shooting Methamphetamine indicate?

Posted on Sat, 13 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: A pale and blotchy skin discoloration has occurred after shooting up meth, and slight chest pains. I've been using for two days straight and symptoms occurred yesterday, skin appears to look slightly better, but slight chest pain has just started to occur this morning. Also, my lower abdomen and vaginal area was slightly swollen yesterday. Skin wasn't yellow, just pale, slight blotches, and I could see all my veins in my arm which is odd and something that doesn't happen with me. Also, this morning my neck (still is at the moment) is red blotched like a rash, but this a weekly occurring rash for me even before I've ever used drugs.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are side effects associated with long use of methamphetamine.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

Methamphetamine use is associated with chest pain, urticaria (swollen edema), palpitation etc. These are some of the most common side effects associated with long use of methamphetamine.

As long as the chest pain and the edema of the abdominal and vaginal area is self-limited you shouldn't go to ER.

If the edema is progressing and is complicated with skin rash, the chest pain become more intense or you develop shortness of breath you should go immediately to ER.

My suggestion is that you should stop taking methamphetamine and contact immediately with your treating doctors about other treatment possibilities.

Hope this was of help!
Wish your health!
Dr. Shehu
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist