What do pains, aches and excessive bleeding post suffering a miscarriage indicate?

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,

I had a miscarriage on 22nd last month. Was approx 5wks along. Heavy bleeding, clots, sharp stabbing pains, back and pelvis pain for about 1wk. Had ultrasound confirmed miscarriage (left ovary) - nothing abnormal nor no tissue remaining could be seen. The bleeding stopped twice for no longer than a day in 2nd wk. 3rd week bleeding came on heavier still with clots, cramping. Pale, diarrhea. Tender womb. Tenderness on left ovary. Dr felt mass on left side of uterus. Had 2nd ultrasound came back with endometriosis cyst in right ovary, fluid behind cervix, polyp in womb?? Went to hospital as dr referred me to there. Due to bleeding - changing pad half hour to every 2hrs, sit on toilet and clots would come out than dark to bright red blood and mucus run out after the clots sometimes for up too a minute. Hospital sent me home on 2 antibiotics due to UTI (but how can they tell if it is a UTI when it was mixed with alot of blood) 2 meds to stop bleeding (which it definitely slowed bleeding till point it was black took for 5 days and still bleeding) and 2 other meds But these made me really sick. I havent been able to keep anything down to eat for almost 4wks now and getting worse with the meds. (Hospital said they would do surgery but due to UTI and apparently my uterus being so soft that the instruments would prod holes through my insides)
Have pins n needles in hands n feet regularly last few days, almost passing out, exhausted, massive headaches, really weak. My ankles feel like snapping when standing, my legs feel like giving way. Last few nights insomnia. Im pale, get lightheaded quickly, sometimes to point i have to put myself on floor and raise legs up. couple wks ago i was breaking out in hot and cold flushes at night that id wake up saturated to the past week im pretty cold even in the warm weather. No more hot flushes.. I called obgyn clinic at hospital to see if i should go back in. The nurse said it was all normal and to try keep fluids up. STI checks all come back clear.
No one can tell me why i am bleeding so much.
What could be the cause of all this bleeding, pain, aches etc?

Need advice please
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The cause for the pain and tenderness is the endometriotic cyst plus the infection that you are having after the miscarriage.
The bleeding is also due to those causes.
You need to complete the course of antibiotics and then have a repeat ultrasound scan, and then surgery if required.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN