What do painful rashes and pimples at the lower back indicate?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 9 Nov 2018 in General Health
Question: I have what I think is a rash on the lower portion of my back. There are a hundred or more and they almost resemble small pimples but are kind of painful. They are red, rash looking and some are scabbed over. Have had this now for over two weeks. I know its not acne because I rarely ever had acne in my life.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Kindly upload an image for the review!

Detailed Answer:

To be of most help, I need to obtain an image and review. I recommend that you upload one for me to review so as to provide a personalized and helpful response to you.

Without an image, the response would be generic and maybe not helpful.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions.

If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Brief Answer:

Pityriasis rosea

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed these attached images. This is Pityriasis rosea. Resolution is often spontaneous.

If you have itches, 25mg of Benadryl at most twice daily would be helpful.

This generally starts with a single patch, bigger than subsequent lesions and often has a scaly appearance.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Ivo Ditah, Internal Medicine Specialist
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.