What do night sweats after possible exposure to HSV1 infection suggest?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Night Sweats - several nights over the last week or so, I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and realized I had excessive night sweats, the sheets were damp / moist. The sweating did not wake me up, and was dry by morning. No fevers that I'm aware of; and no other symptoms. I did have a possible HSV1 exposure 20 days ago, where initial IgM tests were negative. I did take valtrax for 1 week, but ended prior to my recalled nights of sweating. Concerned about possible association, or other possibilities.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could due to lack of Ventilation.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

There are certain causes of Night sweats. For example high room temperature, lack of ventilation in the room, a drop in blood sugars during sleep or a drop in oxygen levels or drop in blood pressure during sleep.

So before going for evaluation of abnormalities in body I would like to check if any environment conditions like high room temperature or lack of ventilation. I recommend you either reduce the temperature in A/C or increase the speed of fan.
If you don't have A/C open the windows and increase the fan speed. See if this makes any difference.

If your problems persists then start taking a glass of fruit juice , this will avoid any possible drop in blood sugars during night. Try these measures and observe if problem persists revert back.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.
Dr. Divakara