What do my widal test results indicate?
Titers are not high enough
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.
All four values mentioned are not-positive for typhoid. These values are considered positive if above 1:80 titer.
But it should be correlated with clinical symptoms like fever, diarrhea, pain abdomen, weakness. If these symptoms are present then it is suggestive of typhoid and antibiotics needed. Otherwise antibiotics are not needed.
I would suggest that you repeat the test in 1 week. Give well cooked hygienic food and cleaner drinking water at all times from today itself. The caregiver and the baby himself has to wash his/her hands before eating. Give him softer foods till his gut heals. Paracetamol is to be given only if fever present.
Hope it helps.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Had typhoid done widal test what does report indicate
- What are the findings from the widal test
- What is a significant titer for widal test
- Widal test result online analysis
- What do widal test results mean
- Widal test done what does the finding indicate
- How to read widal test results
- What does widal test th antibody titre at 320 indicate
- Done widal test what does this indicate done total hysterectomy
- Had widal test done what does report indicate