• question-icon

What do my ultrasound scan test results indicate?

Posted on Fri, 27 May 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Both ovaries are mildly enlarged in size ..multiple immature peripheral follicles are seen in both ovaries with increased stomach echoes.... right ovary is 3.8*3.2 cm....left 3.7*2.6 cm...am i suffering from big problem?????.... i gonna get married in 2 months ..will it affect my marriage life and consumation ..plz help me
Answered by Dr. Zenab Tambawala 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No it will not affect your marriage significantly

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Welcome to HCM,

The size of ovaries mentioned by you is quite normal and you need not be worried.

If you have irregular periods and if your ultrasound shows multiple peripherally arranged follicle s it would mean that you are having poly cystic ovarian syndrome.

Do not be very tensed, around 5-10% of women have this condition. Some other features of this condition are irregular periods, acne, excessive weight gain, excessive hair on face.

You will need to do a few blood test to confirm that you have this. This would include tests for FSH, LH hormones and SHBG.

Women with this condition conceive with the help of medications and also diet and exercise.

It is not going to affect your married life in any other way, when you plan to start your family, you should contact your gynecologist who will help you with medications.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Zenab Tambawala

OBGYN