What do my ultrasound and blood reports indicate?

Question
My reports shows somethign unsual in Ovaries. Is there somethign to fear? Kindly provide precaution/cure.
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query,
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that affects a woman’s hormone levels.

Women with PCOS produce higher-than-normal amounts of male hormones. This hormone imbalance causes them to skip menstrual periods and makes it harder for them to get pregnant.
PCOS is a “syndrome,” or group of symptoms that affects the ovaries and ovulation. Its three main features are:

cysts in the ovaries
high levels of male hormones
irregular or skipped periods

In PCOS, many small, fluid-filled sacs grow inside the ovaries. The word “polycystic” means “many cysts.”
We don’t know exactly what causes PCOS. They believe that high levels of male hormones prevent the ovaries from producing hormones and making eggs normally.
PCOS can make it harder to get pregnant, and it can increase your risk for pregnancy complications and miscarriage. Weight loss and other treatments can improve your odds of having a healthy pregnancy.
PCOS treatment starts with lifestyle changes like diet and exercise. Losing just 5 to 10 percent of your body weight if you’re overweight can help improve your symptoms.
Taking estrogen and progestin daily can restore a normal hormone balance, regulate ovulation, relieve symptoms like excess hair growth, and protect against endometrial cancer. These hormones come in a pill, patch, or vaginal ring.
Birth control pills and the diabetes drug metformin can help bring back a normal menstrual cycle. Clomiphene and surgery improve fertility in women with PCOS.
Exercise is even more beneficial when combined with a healthy diet. Diet plus exercise helps you lose more weight than either intervention alone, and it lowers your risks for diabetes and heart disease
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal