What do my thyroid test results indicate?
Test name result units range
free T4 10 . 8 pmo/L 12 - 22
TSH 4 . 84 mlU/L 0 .4 - 3 . 8
Please explain these readings to me and if i need to go on medication.
Is my thyroid gland function normal, over active or underactive.?
i feel lethargic, lack concentration, mood swings, dry and itchy skin.
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You are concerned about your lab results related to your thyroid. The results show that you have hypothyroidism. A high TSH is a sure sign of hypothyroidism and the low free T4 confirms the diagnosis. I would recommend starting on a low doe of thyroid replacement. Then in 6 weeks rechecking your labs to see if they improved.
Your symptoms also indicate hypothyroidism.
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
thank you XXXXXXX XXXX
Long term effects of hypothyroidism
There are long term effects from not getting treated for hypothyroidism which includes a weaken heart, edema, hair loss, fatigue and depression. I would ask your doctor for a referral to an endocrinologist and if he refuses then perhaps getting a new primary care provider. You have hypothyroidism and need to be treated
i will take your advice on board and see what the outcome will be from my own doctor., if unsatisactory i will change doctors.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid test results satisfactory
- Thyroid ultrasound done what does the result indicate
- Thyroid blood test result
- Thyroid tests suggest thyronormalcy what does this indicate
- What does flucuating thyroid test results mean
- What does these abnormal thyroid test results indicate
- Thyroid function test results
- What does indicate below thyroid test reports
- Tested for thyroid tsh is 127 what does this indicate
- Thyroid antibody test results