What do my lyme test results indicate?
They look for antibodies against specific markers of the bacteria!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this laboratory report and all the inconveniences this has caused you. I have reviewed the attached report fully. Though you are already on doxycycline, this reports doesn't show that you have Lyme's disease. You didn't meet the criteria for positivity as a combination of different bands must be met and you didn't pass that. These three bands are not enough for the diagnosis of Lyme's disease to be made as at least 5 of them are required. These various bands correspond to regions on the bacteria to which the body produces antibodies and are used as indirect ways of determining whether the body ever recognized it or not. In your case, it was never.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
No other specific tests for Lyme that I know of.
There are no other specific tests for Lyme's disease that I know of. Though your symptoms could also be present in Lyme's disease, your test , which is comprehensive and detailed, really goes against this. I will rather recommend that other possible caused of this condition should be investigated. Focusing on Lyme's disease alone might keep us away from the true cause.
I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Complement test done what do the results indicate
- What does the test result indicate
- What does the cea market test results indicate
- What does the stool test result indicate
- Done uterus test what does the results indicate
- What does these abnormal thyroid test results indicate
- What does positive result of mantoux test indicate
- What does these urine test results indicate
- What does my blood test result indicate
- What does test result for rrms indicate