What do my lab test results indicate?

Dr. Zenab Tambawala

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I m 36 weeks pregnant single live in utero in cephalic. Placenta is posterior with grade III maturity.BPD 9.21 cms AC 31.52 cms FL 6.90 cms fetal weight 2730gms Visualized cord loops are normal. Will I deliver my baby vaginally or c section
Answered by Dr. Zenab Tambawala 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
normal vaginal delivery is possible

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Welcome to HCM,

The result of the scan is normal, so you can definitely go for a normal delivery.

Is this your first pregnancy?

All parameters of the scan are normal.

You should wait for spontaneous onset of labour.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Zenab Tambawala 1 hour later
Yess it's my first pregnancy and I read that posterior position is very painful with excessive bleeding What should I do for anterior position . Should I workout hard like scrubbing the floor and walking to make easy delivery without c section
Answered by Dr. Zenab Tambawala 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
no worries

Detailed Answer:
They are saying placenta is posterior but not lower segment, that means its normal .
Only if the placenta was in lower segment, near to the os, or if you were told that you have placenta previa then it would be a problem.

If the placenta is upper segment then anterior or posterior does not make a difference.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Zenab Tambawala 14 hours later
There is numbness in my hand fingers and pain in left upper thigh it seems like baby's weight is there. Its unbearable what should I do I have taken multivitamin capsules
Answered by Dr. Zenab Tambawala 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
do not worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

The stretching of muscles and ligaments will cause pain, and more so towards the last few weeks in pregnancy.

But do not worry. It is a normal finding in pregnancy and will subside as soon as you deliver.

Continue calcium, iron and multivitamins and once you deliver it will subside.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng