What do my lab test results indicate?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: My results
Epithelial cell abnormality
Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance
Predominance of coccobacilli consistent with shift in vaginal flora is present.
Help :(
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need biopsy

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about pap smear examination report.

Report clearly shows presence of infection in the cervical smear. This needs to be treated. Please see your doctor for antibiotics prescription to treat coccobacilli.

Since there are atypical squamous cells which could be precancerous, you might needs cervical biopsy to confirm the atypical cells and rule out cancer. Please see your gynecologist to discuss the report.

Let me know if you need anymore help.