What do my lab test results indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I was diagnosed with Diastolic Hearth failure and then had a stress test. The pictures on the stress test with cardiolite were normal. The walking portion showed greater than 1mm inferior ST depression indicative of ischemia but not diagnostic. What does that mean?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I would like to explain that isolated ST depression in the inferior leads may be non rarely seen in hypertensive patients.

Do you suffer from high blood pressure?

If you really have a distinct history of arterial hypertension, then that ST depression during cardiac stress tests and also diastolic heart failure may be quite explainable.

Nevertheless, if you have other known coronary risk factors such as diabetes, smoking, dyslipidemia, etc. and also a clear history of chest pain, then it would probably be wise to perform a coronarography (to investigate for possible coronary artery disease).

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 5 minutes later
No I have never had high blood pressure, I have never smoked and I have always exercised. I do not have diabetes. My cardiologist reported on my patient portal that the exam with pictures was normal I am just concerned that he put me on medication 2 weeks before and said he did not need to see me for a year.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to worry about!

Detailed Answer:
Hello again!

As I already explained these ECG changes are also found in normal individuals.

That is why your doctor has told you not to worry about it and see him again after a year.

As you have no known cardiovascular risk factors and no history of chest pain, you have nothing to worry about it!

So just relax and don't think about it any more!

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Best wishes,
Dr. Iliri