question-icon

What do my lab test results indicate?

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: My T3- T-4 and TSH values on 11-12-2015 were 155.2,8.39 and 8.17, respectively. I was taking Thromron Tab 100 mg daily . On 18-02-2016 the values were 106, 6.3 and 6.1. I am 82 years old and am taking on advice Cordoron 50 mg on alternate days on account of heart problem. Should the dosage be reduced to 50 mg now?
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
No, continue with same dose(100mcg).

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome
Thanks for posting your question on HCM, I really appreciate your concern.

My straight answer to your question is No, you shouldn't reduce the dose of thyronorm, continue with same dose for the next 6 months or so than repeat the test and if consistenly show the low TSH level than only you can consider about reducing it dose to 75 mcg, not directly to 50 mcg.

Your thyroid test report is within normal range, however I would advise you to continue with the same dose.

Hope this answers your question, please feel free to ask, if you have any more queries, I will happily answer you.
wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. BR Hudda