What do my lab test results indicate?
The aorta shows atherosclerotic changes, more marked in the aortic arch, descending thoracic and abdominal aortsa. Ulcerated plaques in the aortic arch, descending thoracic and supra renal abdominal aorta with mixed plaques causing 40-50% stenosis in the descending thoracic aorta. Right subclavian artery shows mixed plaques in its proximal segment causing 30-40% stenosis. Left common carotid artery shows calcific plaques at its origin causing 20-30% stenosis. Left subclavian artery shows mixed plaque causing 40-40% stenosis.
Right renal artery shows significant stenosis at its ostium. IMA shows mild narrowing. infra renal abdominal aorta is ectatic and tortuous, measures 3.7 x 3.5 cm with soft plaques and/or mural thrombus causing 30-40% stenosis. The aorta at its bifurcation shows irregular plaques causing 50-60% stenosis. There is 90-95% stenosis seen at the ostium of Left common carotid artery. Right common iliac artery is mildly ectatic and shows mixed plaque causing 50-60% stenosis.
Can you tell me what to do in above case.
1. Is it possible to suck out the calcification/blood clot at the Left iliac artery leading to 90-95% stenosis as well as at the main aorta thrombus ?
2. Is it possible to put a bifurcated stent instead of a bypass surgery.?
Surgery is highly recommended and is effective
I worked through your query and attached reports in detail.
95% stenosis of the Left Common iliac artery is a major risk factor for the blood supply of pelvis and lower limb.
You possibly seem to have Diffuse atherosclerosis of the Aorta.
At this important ,Stenting will be least useful at the bifurcation of Aorta to treat the narrowed Segment.
AORTO FEMORAL BYPASS is the procedure of choice in your case and should be performed at the earliest to prevent the Symptoms of complete occlusion.
Stent cannot handle this 95% obstruction at left XXXXXXX
These plaques are quite established, chronic and resistant to Angioplasty and Clot lysis( sucking).Hence Surgery is advisable.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Complement test done what do the results indicate
- What does the test result indicate
- What does the cea market test results indicate
- What does the stool test result indicate
- Done uterus test what does the results indicate
- What does positive result of mantoux test indicate
- Hcg lab test results
- What does my blood test result indicate
- What does test result for rrms indicate
- Prenatal lab tests results