What do my lab test results indicate?
I done recently health checkup and found my SGPT is 113 and SGOT is 65 and total Cholesterol is 202 but rest like HDL, LDL, tryglyceride all are in within the limit. Please find attached medical report for details. Can you please help me what could be cause that SGPT and SGOT is increased.
Thanks for your advice.
Suggestive of liver injury.
Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hi & Welcome.
Thanks for posting your query on Health Care Magic.
I have gone through the uploaded results of various lab tests done on Feb 21, 2016. Increased levels of enzymes SGPT & SGOT indicate liver injury (which can be due to hepatitis, alcohol liver disease, fatty liver and due to several other conditions).
Had I been your treating physician I would have advised you the following:
1. An abdominal ultrasound scan
2. To avoid alcohol, smoking, red meat or fatty meals.
3. Eat home cooked food, increase the intake of fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables.
4. Do regular exercise if you are overweight.
Let me know if there's any more queries.
Hope the suggestions given above would be useful.
You may consult a general physician
Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hi & Welcome back.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, you may consult a general physician (MD Internal Medicine) for further evaluation and follow up. Besides, you must follow the life style changes as suggested earlier.
Hope this answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Complement test done what do the results indicate
- What does the test result indicate
- What does the cea market test results indicate
- What does the stool test result indicate
- Done uterus test what does the results indicate
- What does positive result of mantoux test indicate
- Hcg lab test results
- What does my blood test result indicate
- What does test result for rrms indicate
- Prenatal lab tests results