What do my lab test results indicate?
Please tell some details.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
I understand your concerns about your son and I'd surely like to be of help. Encephalomalacia(Gliosis) means permanently damaged area of the brain due to old brain injury.
To have a better knowledge about your son's medical history,please tell me the following details-
1)Was his birth normal?Did he cry immediately after birth or was it delayed?
2)Any complications after birth or in the neonatal period?
3)Did he achieve his milestones on time?-like did he started standing,walking,speaking and other milestones likewise on time?
4)Does he have any other symptom except seizures?How many seizures he had so far?How frequent are the seizures?
I shall be glad to have you in follow-up with details so that I can answer your queries well.
2.no complications after birth all reports & ultrasound was normal
3.he started standing & walking & speaking some word like papa & mama.
4.last seizures are 6th Oct_2014 And current seizures are 20th feb_2016.
5.his birth was normal but after 2nd days ha have a jaundies on high level that are a reason of seizures & Encephalomalacia(Gliosis)
continue epitoin and observation.
Thanks for being in follow-up and providing further details.
Considering these details, I suggest that syrup epitoin should be continued for now.Antiepileptic medicines(AED) should be continued till the seizures continue to occur.AED may be withdrawn after 2-3 yrs of seizure free interval.In some children,seizure may cease to occur as the age increases.However,it is difficult to predict this time that what will be the seizure trend in your son.
Hope this helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Complement test done what do the results indicate
- What does the test result indicate
- What does the cea market test results indicate
- What does the stool test result indicate
- Done uterus test what does the results indicate
- What does positive result of mantoux test indicate
- Hcg lab test results
- What does my blood test result indicate
- What does test result for rrms indicate
- Prenatal lab tests results
- Suggest treatment for neuralgia on right side of face
- Suggest treatment for pain in head along with knee pain and locking
- Suggest treatment for numbness in arms and legs
- What causes left-sided twitching on face and eye?
- What causes shaky hands and head?
- Suggest treatment to regenerate the femoral nerve damaged by a haemorrage
- What causes chronic sense of fullness in head and tenderness of scalp?
- What causes sore and stiff neck along with blurry vision?
- What causes difficulty in speech along with high BP?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of burning feet syndrome