What do my lab test results indicate?
Total Cholesterol: 194
Please let me know whether I need to take any precaution.
Total cholesterol should be below 200, HDL -above 40, LDL - below 100 mg/dl
Hello Mr Sanjit,
Thank you for posting your question here.
Ideally, total cholesterol should be less than 200 mg/dl, and your's is indeed less than that, so it is good.
HDL cholesterol should be above 40, and ideally near 60 or above 60 mg/dl.
And LDL cholesterol should ideally be below 100 mg/dl.
HDL can be increased and LDL can be decreased by simple daily exercise and playing an outdoor game for half an hour to 1 hour.
Eat a healthy diet rich in fibers so that more cholesterol is not absorbed.
Diet rich in simple sugars like glucose and fructose (table sugar), cause a far more serious trouble than diets moderately rich in fats, so avoid excessively sweet drinks like fruit juices, carbonated beverages, coffee, tea, sweets etc.
Eat regularly and exercise regularly, that is all the precaution you need to take.
I hope you will find this answer helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Complement test done what do the results indicate
- What does the test result indicate
- What does the cea market test results indicate
- What does the stool test result indicate
- Done uterus test what does the results indicate
- What does positive result of mantoux test indicate
- Hcg lab test results
- What does my blood test result indicate
- What does test result for rrms indicate
- Prenatal lab tests results