What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Diabetes
Question: Dear Sir,
Please find attached my old and new report with regards to blood sugar level, my report shows Hb1Ac result as 5.6% and random blood sugar level as 85, six month back when is tested my Hb1Ac that time also it was 5.6, I am non diabetic and don't have family history of it, i do avoid sugary and crab things and doing moderate exercise for last 2 years.
Previously in 2015 report attached my Hb1Ac was 5.8, however that time pre diabetic criteria were above 6%, but now it reduced to 5.6%.
So Kindly advise it everything normal, i don't have frequent hunger and urination issues. I showed these reports to my local doctor as per him its normal and in young adults it fluctuates.
Need your expert opinion.
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About your reports:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!

I have gone through your query and your attached reports (3 uploaded attachments).

Yes, I do agree with your physician. Random blood sugar 85 mg/ dl and HbA1c 5.6 % are considered within the normal ranges (5.7% is the upper normal range of HbA1c).

If you are overweight you should continue to keep monitoring fasting, postprandial and HbA1c once a year.

About the fluctuations of the HbA1c, there is no need to worry as there is a tendency to get lowered not increased through the years.

What I can notice is a tendency for high cholesterol level (physical activity and a healthy diet recommended). It will help in maintaining normal blood sugar, lower LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL level.

Hope to have been helpful, feel free to ask further.

Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Mirjeta Guni 34 minutes later
Thank You for quick reply,

Regarding the weight i have reduced from 96 in 2015 to 82 currently, I would like to get the more insight on diet o follow, i am regularly doing cycling for about 30 minutes.

If you could assist me to have complete diet plan.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
About diet;

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back!
Congrats for your weight loss!
To give a diet plan for 1 week or 1 month here is difficult because there are no enough characters.
What i would suggest is a diet plan with about 2400 calories based in mediterranean diet.
There are many free apps that ofer a Mediterranean diet with everyday recipes, you can download on of them (mediterranean diet app).
Hope it will be helpful.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad