What do my lab test reports indicate?

Question
Recently my wife have given blood test at thyrocare. I am attaching the reports. After seeing the reports i came to know that she has iron deficiency, Vitamin D deficiency. And some other values also on the border side. She also has hair fall problem. Can you please suggest the medication, diet for this problem.
Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No reports attached...

Detailed Answer:

I don't see reports attached here. Can you retry uploading reports again?

Further can you describe how long she has been losing hair? And approximately how many hair strands fall in a day? Do you notice obvious thinning of the hair?

Does she have any known medical illness including hypothyroidism?

Awaiting your response...

Follow-up: What do my lab test reports indicate? 8 hours later
I am unable to attach reports as i am getting internal server error while uploading the reports. The problem is not only about hair fall, she is having dry skin and weakness.

she is having lot of iron deficiency,and no thyroid issues.
If she is having any iron supliments she is getting constipation problem.
let me know how can she overcome this issue.she is a facing this issue from almost 3 months

Answered by Dr. Prasad 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Iron rich diet with supplements...

Detailed Answer:

Apologies for the late reply.

It would have been better if you had uploaded reports here. You can mail it to YYYY@YYYY with subject as "Attn: Dr Prasad"

Iron deficiency is known to cause weakness. It can also be the cause of her hair fall. Therefore I will insist she corrects the deficiency. Iron supplements are better tolerated after food. She can also try high fiber diet and plenty of water. This will help in treating constipation associated with iron supplement.

In addition to iron supplements, she should choose iron rich diet such as meat and meat products, millets and nuts.

We can discuss further in the follow up once I receive your reports.

Follow-up: What do my lab test reports indicate? 7 hours later
I have forwarded the reports to the mentioned mail id.
Attachment name is: XXXXXXX Medical Reports
My mail id is: YYYY@YYYY .

Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Iron pill change and diet inclusion...

Detailed Answer:

I went through the report. The reports revealed iron deficiency along with features of iron deficiency - low Hb, MCV, MCH; and vitamin d deficiency. You mentioned she was started on zoiron tablet. In my view, this tablet contain 15mg of iron and the rest are vitamin / minerals. Accordingly my suggestions are as follows:

1. As per WHO, 60mg of elemental iron is the natural requirement. Incase of deficiency the requirement is upto 100mg. Therefore I think zoiron tablet is not sufficient to take care of her iron deficiency. She needs a better iron pill that contain the adequate iron supplementation.
2. She may be started on vitamin D correction too. I would suggest 40000 IU of vitamin D per week for 6 weeks along with 1000 IU of vitamin D per day.
3. With respect to the first two points, I suggest Tab Ferium D3 once a day after food. It contains 100mg of iron along with 1000 IU of vitamin D. Along with it, Drise 40000 IU XXXXXXX - one XXXXXXX once a week for 6 weeks.

You may discuss about this treatment with her treating doctor.

In addition to the above, as mentioned in my previous answer, she should include iron and vitamin D rich diet. Drinking lots of water along with fresh fruits and vegetables every day will prevent constipation.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.