question-icon

What do my lab test reports indicate?

Posted on Mon, 20 Nov 2017
Question: Attached PET CT report of a NHL follicular lymphoma patient done post chemotherapy for evaluation. While report shows good resolution with respect to previous PET CT, there is a part mentioned in second page ( underlined in the attached report) which suggest follow up.

could you please provide more insights into this part and suggest what it is? is there anything to worry about? what follow up would be required?

Thanks in advance..
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Hello..follow up.means regular pet ct

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have seen the reports. So the pet ct is essentially negative. So now the patient should be on maintainence therapy and regular follow up in the form.of blood test and petct needs to be done to check for possible recurrence of disease. As follicular lymphoma is incurable, it will relapse at some point of time. Regular follow up with petct picks it at the point of relapse and early retreatment can be given.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist