What Do My Lab Test Reports Indicate?
this was planned preoperative treatment.
Hello dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query for mother thoroughly with attached reports herewith.
Your concern is obvious for her.
* The chemoradiotherapy given to her was as standard practice of preoperative
treatment with following aims
- decrease tumor seeding
- increase cell oxygenation
- reduce bowel morbidity
- better downstaging of tumor
- improved survival rates post operatively .
* As per the attachment, surgery ( in form of abdominoperineal resection of
rectum with a permanent stoma ) after chemoradiotherapy is already
thoroughly explained in the 10th paragraph of the second page.
* So this is not the failure or non-response to the therapy, which is of very
* The surgery gives excellent outcomes in terms of good 5 years survival rates
as 73 - 84 %.
* Strongly recommended to
- provide Symptomatic details.
- attach the current report of CT or MRI ( as these ones are of September
Awaiting your details .
Surgical decision is a must for her. Have faith and Be Positive.
Welcome for the follow-up.
* The fight against cancer is an ongoing process, one has to Be Positive with
* We have come across, number of cases with this type with pretty good survival rates.
* Be brave and make her brave from inside for the decision of surgery, which is
very vital and important for her.
* Ultimately it is her moral support which will drive her from all of these.
Wishing her fine recovery and good health.
Welcome for any further assistance.