question-icon

What Do My Lab Test Reports Indicate?

Posted on Fri, 27 Oct 2017
Question: My daughter which is 11 has had pain in the grion area off and on during the month of august. Now the pain has been constant during this month with not being able to walk on her right leg. Rang of motion in right leg is limited she can't bend her leg up with out severe pain. Nor can she move her leg inward or outward with out being in severe pain. There is tenderness in the groin area. She has seen several doctors and had an MRI, sonogram,Doppler,x rays , asic blood work, and urine test. All have been normal. I am at a loss on how to help my child.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Can be infective arthritis.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the hip and groin that your daughter is having can be due to infective arthritis or muscle spasm or a nerve compression. It is best if you could attach her MRI scan and X-ray reports for better evaluation. You need to consult an orthopedic surgeon for her proper examination. In the meanwhile mild pain killers muscle relaxants and a hot compress in the area can help her for a temporary relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon