• question-icon

What do my lab test reports indicate?

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My father had an enlarged prostate for a few years. About a year and a half ago, he had surgery for a Triple A. He was catheritized and had issues with adequate urination and blood in his urine following. He had to be taken back to the hospital because of it. About 3 weeks following, he had the Urolift procedure done. A couple of weeks ago, he started not feeling well and ended up with appointments with about every doctor he has. His urologist did a CAT or MRI: his prostate is once again enlarged and he had white spots on it that she biopsied. I'm not finding information on what those spots might be. Are they scar tissue or something else?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is likely that Urologist is suspecting spots to be Cancer of Prostate .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on all the facts that you have posted your father has Enlarged Prostate since couple of years .

The spots detected on MRI or CAT scan are likely to be suspected as Cancerous Spots hence your Urologist has taken biopsy from these spots to confirm the diagnosis .

I shall be happy if you can upload CT or MRI reports to make precise comments about these spots .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist