• question-icon

What do my lab test reports indicate?

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: In last 7-8 months had oral sex in different parlours.Descriptions as follows-
1) Nov 2016: Hand Job + Breast Massage by Hand
2)Dec 2016: Hand Job + Breast massage by Hand + Fingering
3)Jan 17 Beginning-Hand Job +Breast Massage by Hand + Fingering+Healthy lady suck my penis for 4-5 seconds...no bleeding/no wound noticed
4)Mar 17:Hand job + Fingering+Kiss breast and suck her breast/nipple for 4-5 seconds
5)May Mid 17: Hand job + Fingering
During fingering No sweat noticed..
don't know ladies have cuts/sores in fingers during hand job...
May 31st 17: HIV 3rd generation & 4th Generation screening ( as per pathology) tested ...both are non-re active...both pathology famous.. XXXXXXX 22nd 17 : Again 4th Generation screening ( as per pathology) tested...result non-re active
Reports are attached.
Please confirm any more test required...
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No further test is required.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM.

The risk of getting HIV from oral sex is very less as such and the test results for 3rd as well as 4th gen HIV are non reactive after one month of exposure so you need not to worry about HIV as the risk is very unlikely.

As such no further testing is required but for your mental satisfaction you can go for repeat test after 3 months to get 100% reliable and accurate result. For any further query feel free to ask me any time.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 30 minutes later
It means I can not lead normal life....I have to wait for another 1.5 months for further test....this is really anxiety...falls me again in tension.

so far I understand 4th generation test after 3-5 weeks from exposure is conclusive..

I had already sex with my wife yesterday...
other doctors confirmed me (in this HCM) not require further test and they asked to lead normal life...
please guide..
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can definitely lead normal life.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back and thanks cor follow-up.

4th gen test after one month of exposure is 95% reliable and conclusive and the risk in your case is very unlikely so don't get anxious or worried and you can surely live your life normally with family.

The test after 3 months is just to be 100% sure and the result will definitely come in your favor so calm down, forget about the exposure and move on in life happily. If still any query left feel free to ask.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 1 hour later
1) In 2017 jan-oral sex means hand job +fingering+breast massage + lady suck my penis for 4-5 seconds..no bleeding/no wound and even I don't notice any sweating during fingering
2) in march 2017-hand job + fingering + breast massage by hand+I suck breast for few seconds ...no sweating/secretion notice during fingering or sucking breast

3) in may 2017-hand job + fingering + breast massage by hand...no sweating /or no secretion notice during fingering

my last test 4th generation 22nd XXXXXXX 2017- which is 6 months from 1st exposure and more than 3 months from 2nd exposure and 5 weeks from 3rd exposure

earlier doctors confirmed 3-5 weeks for 4th generation is conclusive...

earlier doctors confirmed also risk is nil in hand job + fingering+breast massage ...
that's why I did unprotected sex with my wife yesterday....
as per you 5% risk factor is still now...feeling extremely anxiety...
if my wife got infected from me...
You asked to lead normal life...
how can I lead with normal life with 5% risk factor doctor...
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to get anxious or worried.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back once again.

I agree that the risk with hand job, fingering and breast massage is very unlikely as well as the 4th generation test is also highly reliable after one month but as per the guidelines every individual with any type of exposure has to get tested after three months to be 100% sure about the status of HIV.

On the other side it is also true that the chances of being positive after getting non reactive result after one month is extremely rare and this is reason why I had told you to live normal life. Allay the fear or anxiety related to HIV and don't take tension about your wife too as the chances are very very rare.

As your friend I will advice you to stay away from any unsafe sexual practices to prevent the future risk of HIV or other STDs. I also request you without taking any stress to get tested after three months and the result will definitely come in your favor. For any further help I am always available here.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
I am promising never to go to this type of massage parlour.
On 22nd june-my test was done and the name of test is :Detection of HIV p24 antigen and antibodies to HIV type 1 and /or type 2(HIV Ag/Ab combo test).This is famous pathology and they confirmed that it is 4th generation HIV screening test...it is correct.

I become panic and in anxiety all time...continuously checking whole body any rash or any gland/lymph nodes swelling...can not concentrate on my job...
how can I get relief from this situation...
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is 4th generation test.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

The test what you had done was 4th generation test as it detects both the antigen as well as antibody against HIV. No need to take so much of stress or tension as it will hamper your health itself. The chances of getting positive result after 3 months are very unlikely or you can say practically nil. It is mandatory as per guidelines that is why I had told you to go for the test again. Allay the fear or anxiety completely and move on in life. For any further query feel free to ask me again any time.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist