• question-icon

What do my lab test reports indicate?

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello doctor,

Please see the reports and suggest medicine. Also let me know is there anything to worry about as I see points relating to cancer in report.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin supplementation.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the report attached. They have just listed out the causes for vitamin B12 and D deficiency. They are not saying it is cancer. Don't worry. Vit B12 and D deficiency are seen in most of the people these days. Vit B12 is usually seen in people who follow a pure vegetarian diet. Vit D is less due to reduced exposure to sun between 11 am and 3 pm when vit D is synthesised most in our body.

For vit B12 deficiency, you can take vit b12 injections on alternate days for 2 weeks followed by oral supplementation for 2 months under supervision of your physician.

For vit D deficiency you can take Dvion sachets 60,000 IU, mixed in water, weekly once for 4 weeks.

You can repeat the test after 3 months.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Kampana