What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have gone through E.C.G, 2D Echo and Angiography and result is :-
1. ECG:- ST Depression in V3-V6.
2. 2D Echo:- No RWMA, EF 60%, Normal Cardiac Valaves, trace MR+, Trace TR+, grade 1 diastolic dysfunction, EF 60%,
3. Angio:- CAG done through right radial route. S/O normal coronariesexcept for minor plaques in LAD and proximal RCA.
I am having hypertension condition and taking medicine.
Blood test report: Hb-12.5, cretinine-1.2, LDL- 81, Try glyceride-180,CPK MB- 19-23.

Medicine recomended:- Tab Asprin 75mg,
Tab Storva 10 mg
Tab Metoprolol 50 Mg,
Tab Asomex OH .

Taking Aspirin, I have very acute problem of gastritis. After that another doctor recommended me Clopitab 75 mg with Rosuvas 20Mg.
At present I am taking only Tab Asomex OH and Metoprolol 50 Mg. to keep my blood pressure in control.

We are having Heart problem family history. My father died of Heart attack. Last month one of my younger brother died of Heart attack after angioplastic in three artery in a single seating and died within five hour of operation,having four blockage in the artery.
Now what should I do after these incidence? Should I take clopitab and Risuvas ? And for how many days?
I will be grateful to you if advice me , because I am in confusion.of these drugs side effects also.

E-mail:- YYYY@YYYY .

Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your angiogram is normal your heart is fine,No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.

Have gone through all your reports.All reports are almost normal,for minor blockage you are taking aspirin in low dose.
Clopidrogel is never indicated in a patient with minor blocks.Only indication of clopidrogel is either patient has a stent or patient has critical blockages more then 75% and is on medical management.
Your reports are normal though there is positive history of CAD in family yet your angiogram is almost normal.Mild plaquing is a age related natural phenomenon and usually starts after a age of 10 years.Only blocckages which are more then 75% requires either medical or surgical management.
For acidity start taking Pantoprazole 40mg once daily before breakfast.
Continue taking aspirin 75mg with atorvastatin 10mg once daily.Repeat stress echo every 6 months.
I don't think that you have any reason to worry at present.
Follow a healthy life style.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 4 days later
How many days/years I have to take Eco-Spirin and statin?
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up query,
Have gone through your reports there is minor blockages in RCA and LAD,Treatment of minor plaques varies from cardiologist to cardiologist.CAG reports have not mentioned the degree of plaques,So from my side A blockage less then 50% needs no treatment.
You have not attached report of your Lipid profile,Please do incorporate it so that i can suggest you whether to take statin or not.
Attach copy of CD of angiogram,I want to see it as your primary doctor has not mentioned the degree of plaque.
Please attach the videos and your lipid profile reports for further suggestions.

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 21 hours later
Thanks Sir for your great advice. It relaxed me a lot. I attached latest lipid profile test along with the original angiogram report. CD of angiogram, I could not send you , because it is not available with me. It was not provided by the hospital due to fire in the hospital very next day. However I have uploaded original report given by the doctor. It may help you to advice.

Please advice for medicine I have to take and for how many years?
Thanks and Regards,
V.B XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Have seen the reports.
As there (40%) approx mild plaque in LAD;The main artery supplying the left chamber of heart it's good to take baby aspIrin daily(Prophylactically)
However atorvastation 10mg could be replaced by 5mg daily,Along with it follow drastic life style modification changes.
After 3 months repeat Lipid profile,If normal stop statin and keep on taking baby aspirin.
An antioxidant should be taken daily to prevent blockages in future.
As not asked by you in case you want steps of life style changes feel free to ask.
Thanks.