What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Wanted a second opinion on attached reports. Reports are of my mother. Doctor asked to do angiography.
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, she ll need

Detailed Answer:
hello,
In abnormal reports, first is echo, which is showing cardiac dysfunction, mitral valve leakage and signs of blockages. So she should undergo angiography to determine the extent and Number of blockages and further treatment. Currently her heart function is around 45% and without treatment it may worsen with time and this is irreversible. So adequate action should be taken.
Secondly, her x ray is showing some changes which are probably due to low heart function. I guess she is not having cough, sputum, fever etc which are signs of infection, if not then it's due to heart dysfunction only. Also, her other test for infection are negative.
Other tests are normal, except bnp which is high due to heart dysfunction.
So in nutshell, I would advise for angiography and further management, otherwise heart function may deteriorate. Also, regular medicine should be continued like antiplatelets, statins, beta blockers, ace inhibitor, diuretics etc which she must be on. Also, salt, fluids and water restrictions is important. Low fat, oily diet and regular walking and bp monitoring should be done.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy