What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 28 Nov 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Patient name - XXXXXXX xxxxxxxx
Medical history BP -YES
DIABETES - YES
EXACT INCIDENT
SHE HAD A CONVERSION YESTERDAY MORNING. WE HAVE ADMITTED HER TO HOSPOTAL BUT INSPITE OF TAKING MEDICINES SHE WAS SUFFERING FROM CONVERSIONS CONTINUOUSLY . WE HAVE DONE CITY SCAN. REPORTS ARE ATTACHES.
PLS SUGGEST ON THE SAME.
She is now on ventilator. They have paralysed her and now on medicines.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue treatment as advised

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and reports and understand your concerns.
The CT is suggestive of acute stroke and may be associated seizure is due to the same.
Any history of decreased or markedly increased blood sugar?
The drugs are adequately given at present for seizures.
As she is on ventilatory support, sedation also helps in decreasing seizure changes especially if propofol or midazolam is used.
The condition is critical at this moment and Mri if possible may clear the stroke. Another possibility of viral encephalitis or cortical venous sinus thrombosis can be considered if Mri and clinical history suits the diagnosis.
Fever preceding this event may be suggestive of viral encephalitis .
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar