What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in Lump
Question: Hi please refer to the attachments and revert on the hernia and liver

Please refer to the attached ft scan report n revert...
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have Umbilical hernia.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I saw the report.
You have Umbilical hernia and the content is Omentum (fat in the abdominal cavity).There will be visible swelling in the belly button.
The neck of the hernial sac is narrow,which suggests that the Omentum is blocked and not going into the abdominal cavity.
Luckily, bowel has not entered into the sac through the neck.It might have led to Obstruction and gangrene of the portion of the bowel.
I advice surgery as there is no medical management for hernia.
You can go for Laparoscopic repair.
Regarding fatty liver,it is a routine finding in CT scans and Ultrasound tests now a days.Please avoid Oily foods and foods containing excess fat.I prescribe Ursodeoxycholic acid twice daily to my patients with Fatty liver.Nothing to worry.It will come down.
Regarding Umbilical hernia,please consult Surgical Gastroenterologist/General surgeon,get examined clinically and proceed accordingly. Do not delay as the size of the defect increases in course of time and may lead to complications like Intestinal obstruction, Strangulation of the bowel etc.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 3 hours later
Hello sir I just delivered my baby four months before so could not go for surgery for at least one year please give some option to postpone the surgery
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can wear abdominal belt.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You can wear abdominal belt temporarily.
Increase in abdominal pressure may increase the hernia defect.Abdominal belt will prevent this to some extent.
You should keep control of your weight.
It is not compulsory to wait for 1 year.
If you develop any complications like distension of abdomen, vomiting, constipation etc Surgery has to be done immediately.
There are no medicines for Umbilical hernia or any hernia.
Hope I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T