What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My mother XXXXXXX Falod aged 52 years is suffering from chronic heel pain. I am attaching her X ray and MRI report summary.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Plantar fasciitis likely.

Detailed Answer:
The MRI scan and X-ray is suggestive of plantar fasciitis. Give your feet a rest. Cut back on activities that make your foot hurt. Try not to walk or run on hard surfaces.

To reduce pain and swelling, try putting ice on your heel. Or take an over-the-counter pain reliever like ibuprofen (such as Motrin), naproxen, or aspirin.

Do toe stretches , calf stretches and towel stretches several times a day, especially when you first get up in the morning.

Get a new pair of shoes. Pick shoes with good arch support and a cushioned sole. Or try heel cups or shoe inserts. Use them in both shoes, even if only one foot hurts.
The initial treatment with anti inflammatory medicines with rest and cold fomentation works fine for most of the patients. Cortisone injection is a good mid to long term treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

She has already been doing all the above suggestions for the past 6 months but it has not worked. She also took the injection that is mentioned above but it hasn't helped fully.

Is there something alternative that she can do?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regular physiotherapy is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The relief is partial after an injection. Repeat injections may be needed every 2 months. Regular physiotherapy exercises are the only way to prevent further progress of the problem.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.