What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Please refer to my previous question with Dr XXXXXXX Attach more reports regarding to the same.

Please pass the question to Dr XXXXXXX Bhatti
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details as discussed below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

1. The Impedance Audiogram (Tympanogram) shows 'B' type graph with a positive pressure in the right ear suggestive of fluid in the right middle ear (behind the ear drum). There is 'C' type graph with negative pressure in the left ear suggestive of a vacuum in the left ear.

2. Give medication for 4 to 8 weeks and repeat these tests before considering surgery.

3. It is important to get a baseline X-ray done. A lateral skull X-ray for adenoids can be repeated after a couple of months to check the regression of the adenoids, if any.

4. The requirement for ear ventilation tubes (grommets) can be decided on repeated tympanograms if there is no change after medical treatment.

5. Upload these repeat test results after a few weeks. You can upload these here or directly at bit.ly/Dr-Sumit-Bhatti

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later
Kindly let me know the following
(1) The medicine (spray) is having any side effects
(2) Do we need to continue using the spray even if it is cured
(3) Usage of spray is advisable
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 37 hours later
Brief Answer:
The nasal sprays are safe to use.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

1. The nasal steroid sprays have minimal side effects as the dose is in micrograms.

2. You will have to use the sprays for a few weeks after the symptoms subside.

3. The nasal sprays are safe to use.

Regards.