What do my lab test reports indicate?
Lifestyle modification and medications
Thank you for posting your query in Healthcaremagic.com.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
I have gone through your reports.
First of all, you need not worry about the MCHC level. Though it is documented as low, it is just below the desired levels, nothing needs to be done about that. The rest of the complete blood count studies are normal.
Lipid profile shows borderline raised LDL levels and low HDL levels. However, your total cholesterol and triglycerides are within normal limits.
In such altered LDL and HDL levels, I generally suggest my patients the following-
Lifestyle modification- it consists of diet modification in form of avoiding fatty spicy meal, meat and alcohol, taking lots of oral fluid, taking small frequent meals regularly. Avoiding smoking if any is another very important step.
Weight loss in case of obese or heavy weight patients.
Regular exercise in form of brisk walking, swimming, cycling etc.
Drugs like atorvastatin or niacin helps optimizing the levels if not managed by lifestyle modification alone and are advised when LDL is more than 190.
You can consult the above with your family or treating doctor and get them prescribed.
Follow the advise wisely and properly and it should be helpful.
You can get a repeat lipid profile tested after 3-4 months.
Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Ecg test lab report
- What does this lab test report mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- What does my lab test report suggest
- What does the test report indicate
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report